Ask the Vet – Blister beetles, clover slobbers, mineral oil, and extra! – September 2019
You requested, we answered! On this episode of our month-to-month sequence, Ask the Vet, Dr. Lydia Grey and SmartPaker Dan reply 5 new questions on subjects like whether or not or to not give mineral oil to stop colic, the quantity of salt a horse ought to get day-after-day, slobbers, pre-purchase exams, blister beetle toxicity, and a lot extra!
Make certain to SUBSCRIBE in order that you already know when the following episode comes out – your query could also be featured!
In case your query was answered on this video, attain out to us at CustomerCare@SmartPak.com and tell us! We’ll get your reward card out to you as quickly as we are able to! Have a few of your personal questions? Ask away utilizing #AsktheVetVideo! In case your query will get chosen to be in one among our Ask the Vet movies, you win a SmartPak reward card! How superior is that!?
Further studying/watching materials talked about within the video:
Ask the Vet particular person subjects playlist
Ask the Vet blogs
Horse Well being Library movies
Ask the Vet type
Colic-related Ask the Vet movies
ColiCare from SmartPak
Ask the Vet – Poisonous vegetation, kinesiotaping, arthritis, and extra! – August 2019
Ask the Vet – Can horses graze in a freshly mowed pasture?
Ask the Vet – Choke in horses
Ask the Vet – Warts and aural plaques in horses
Ask the Vet – Cataracts in senior horses
Ask the Vet about new horse possession
Equine Pre-Buy Exams that includes Dr. Andy Kaneps
Dr. Grey’s article on PPEs
What to do in case your horse is colicking
Questions answered on this episode:
1. Ought to I give my horse mineral oil to maintain her from getting colic?
2. How a lot free salt ought to I feed every day? I reside in Florida, so my horse sometimes sweats and appears to not drink a lot. Please assist!!
3. Each summer time my horse and different horses on the barn begin with the slobbers from crimson clover. Is there something that may assist decelerate the quantity of drooling with out limiting the horse’s turnout?
4. Why are pre-purchase/undertake vet checks so essential? What well being issues do vets sometimes seek for when doing an examination of a horse that somebody goes to purchase? And what occurs if the horse doesn’t go the vet verify?
5. I’d like so as to add alfalfa cubes to my horse’s eating regimen however I’m involved over blister beetle toxicity. Are hay cubes simply as prone to carry blister beetles and, in that case, how can we inform that are the great ones to purchase?
Read the original article